Saturday, November 16, 2013
For the first time Youth Hostels Association of India is organizing the Himalayan Winter Trekking Expedition in Manali. This program has been designed to fulfill the demand of the YHAI members who want to participate in trekking during winter. So we decided to organize this program in very famous hill station Manali in Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh. Manali is most picturesque valley, is also known as the Queen of Hill station, located on the bank of river Beas river. Kullu valley is known as Valley of God. This expedition will cover places of importance like Hadimba temple, Old Manali, Vasisth,etc. If you are lucky then you may experience the snow fall during your expedition.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
5 Days & 4 Night
22 Dec, 2013
NUMBER OF BATCHES
SIZE OF A BATCH
20 Participants in each group
Participants can report on any day between 22nd December 2013 to 5th January 2014.
Rs. 3000/- per person
Equipment, stay, simple nutritious vegetarian meal, guidance and insurance.
International Youth Hostel, Manali
Prini Village, Manali,
Contact Person: Mr. Anil Nag
Phone - 1902-250437, 09736052663
HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP
Manali is about 560 kms from Delhi, 280 kms from Shimla & 350 kms from Chandigarh. HRTC/Himachal Tourism operates Volvo buses for Manali.
Nearest railway station are Ambala(310 kms) and Chandigarh(310 kms).
Day 1- Reporting at the base camp International Youth Hostel Manali before 15-00 PM. Orientation at 17-00 PM.
Day 2- Acclimatization walk and trek to Prini village and Shuru village. From here one can visit Shuru temple. (6 to 7 hours). Total distance approximately 5 to 7km. Back to Youth Hostel Manali in the evening.
Day 3- Trek to Hadimba temple, Old Manali village and surrounding area of Manali. Back to Manali Youth Hostel in the evening. (6 to 7 hours) Total distance approximately 9 to 10 KMs)
Day 4– Trek to Vashisth village which is known for it's natural hot sulphur water. ( 7to 8 hours) The total distance is approximately 11 to 12 km.
Day 5– After breakfast the group breaks. ( 9-00AM)
HOW TO JOIN
Members desirous of joining this programme may apply on the prescribed registration form (Download) duly supported by a Medical Certificate (Download), along with a DD of requisite amount in favour of “ Youth Hostels Association of India” payable at New delhi. Online booking is available through Schedule & Seats of the program. Members can also apply through our YHAI Units or State Branch in their respective area.
N.B: Without admit card and Medical fitness Certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
This expedition is open to YHAI members who are 18 years above and physically fit. This condition will be adhered to strictly. Under age will not be considered in any case.
Accommodation will be provided in International Youth Hostel Manali.
FOOD & WATER SUPPLIES
Simple, nutritious vegetarian meals will be provided.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG
Cotton Shirts, Slacks, Cotton Pants, Woolen sweaters or Jackets, Sun Cap, Shoes, Socks, Enameled or Steel Mug / tumbler, Plate, Spoon, Water purifying tablets, Pen knife knife, Needle, Thread, Spare buttons, Goggles, Cold Cream / Vaseline, Soap, Toilet Paper, Towel, medicines which you normally use at home, Camera.
In case you are unable to join this trip you will get 50 % of the programme fees as refund, provided your request is received directly in the National Office at least 15 days in advance from the date of your joining.
Participants who have booked online should send their cancellation request on firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 15 days in advance from the date of their reporting.
Any unforeseen event / strike or natural calamity will not be considered as a cause of cancellation. Refund will be given after completion of the programs.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of mountain biking routed for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
Participants who successfully complete the trekking and abide by the discipline of the programme , will be awarded certificate.
Special Casual Leave
The Trekking Expedition organised by Youth Hostels Association of India have the approval of Ministry of personnel, public Grievances and pension, (Dept of Personnel and Training), Government of India. vide office order no.28016/89/Est(A). Dt. 25th October 1989 .Participants working in the Central Government organization can apply to the authorities concerned for availing special casual leave for the duration of the expedition. Their office can sanction up to 30 days of this leave in a calendar year.
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Package Tour by Youth Hostel Bhubaneshwar
01 Nov, 2013 - 28 Feb, 2014 ( 4N/ 5D )
Inclusive of stay & food at the Youth Hostel @ Rs.5000/-
Youth hostel Bhubaneswar offers the best site seeing trip of adventure, nature study, bird watching, dolphin watching, boating and heritage exploration program.
POGRAMME SCHEDULE : DAY 1- Report at youth hostel Bhubaneswar and visit around the city. , DAY 2- Visit Nandan kanan zoo, Khandagiri and Udaygiri Buddhist caves. , DAY 3 - Visit Dhauli shanti stupa, Konark sun temple and visit the famous lord Jagannath dham at Puri - the only undisputed pilgrimage of the world. Back to hostel and night halt. DAY 4- Boating in Chillika Lake and visit Kalijai &bird watching back to BHUBANESWAR and night halt. DAY 5- Disperse after lunch.
FEES: The fee for this program is Rs. 5000/-, for a family consisting of Wife, Husband & Two Children below the age of 12 years. The fee will cover stay in rooms (one room for one family), at the Hostel & Nutritious Vegetarian Meals. Total transportation cost will be bear by the participants, however we will provide good transportation facility& guides to make your trip easy as per your requirement.
Who can participant : A family consisting of husband wife & two chieldren bellow 12 years of age.
Payment of fees by DD or through the Account.: ACCOUNT NAME-YOUTH HOSTEL BHUBANESWAR : BANK-BANK OF BARODA, IFSC-code-BARB0ANGUL X, ACCOUNT NO-26350200000719
Members are required to send the fee on the address below : YOUTH HOSTEL BHUBANESWAR , AT/K-4 / 387 –KALINGA NAGAR, PO- PATRAPADA, BHUBANESHWAR-19
For more details, please get in touch on the contact below: YOUTH HOSTEL BHUBANESWAR , AT/K-4 / 387 –KALINGA NAGAR, PO- PATRAPADA, BHUBANESHWAR-19 . Email: email@example.com, Phone: 09937890166/ 08895145290
- New Darjeeling (Shilary Goan)Family Adventure Camping-2014
- Shilary Goan (eco-village, New Darjeeling) -20 Jan, 2014 - 30 Jan, 2014 (4D/ 3N)
- DURATION OF THE PROGRAM : 3Nights, 4 Days on 4th Day group will be checked out after lunch.
- START DATE : 20.01.2014
- END DATE : 02.02.2014
- NUMBER OF BATCHES : 3(Three)
- SIZE OF A BATCH : 30 Families inclusive of husband/wife/2 children upto 10 yrs
- REPORTING DATES ; 20th Jan, 26th Jan, 30th Jan 2014
- PROGRAM FEE : Rs. 4550/per family
- REPORTING PLACE : Shilary Goan (eco-village, New Darjeeling)
- HOW TO JOIN : The seats are bookable online, please check the Schedule & Seats to book.
- CANCELLATION : In case you are unable to join the programme after paying the participation fees, you will get 50% of the program fee as refund, provided, your request is received directly to YHAI West Bengal State Branch, through email on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or through cancellation letter posted to YHAI West Bengal State Branch, at least 15 days in advance from your Reporting Date. No refund will, however, be admissible if such notice of request falls short of 15 days.
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE : Those who are physically & mentally fit.
- HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP : It’s 93 KM from Air, Rail & Bus head. Railway Stn. in New Jalpaiguri and the airport at Bagdogra being the link to the outside world. From there Jeep/Taxi service to Kalimpong is 3.5 hrs. From Kalimpong to Shilarigaon YHAI is 24 kms. You can avail by Jeep/taxi.
- ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES: Each family will get one room with attached toilet.
- FOOD & WATER SUPPLIES : 1) Sufficient nutritious vegetarian food & drinking water,
- 2) Washing of clothes is restricted.
- WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG : Wollen Jersey, Cotton Clothes, Monkey Cap, water bottle, lunch box, plate,mug,glass, spoon, towel,personal medicine, music instrument(optional), vasiline, soap, chappals, pen, notebook etc.
- Schedule & Seats : 20 Jan, 2014 : 30 seat, 26 Jan, 2014 : 30 seat, 30 Jan, 2014 : 30 seat
- SAFETY & SECURITY : Safety measure shall be taken as per YHAI directive and insurance.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES: Children must have to carry birth certificates.
- For additional details, please contact on the below address: Dr. Anita Roy Choudhury, 09433112727, 094331177501, firstname.lastname@example.org, YHAI, WB State Branch, 40 B, Gokul Baral Street, Kolkata- 700012